Corfu's Culinary Specialties
- Sofrito: veal baked in bread with garlic sauce or stewed with vinegar, garlic and parsley.
- Pastitsada: meat cooked in sauce with vegetables, vinegar and macaroni.
- Bourdedto: fish cooked in a spicy sauce of onions.
- Kumquat Liquere a liquere made from the Japanese miniature orange brought to the island by British seamen and unique to Corfu.
- Kumquat Fruits available fresh from markets when in season.
- Ginger Beer another British innovation, somewhat difficult to find these days.
- Local Patisseries offer a wide variety of island sweets and confections: mandolata, mandoles and pasteli.
- Sikomaeda: a pie made from vine ripened figs.
See our Greece hotels for a complete look at accommodations available on this island.
Harry's Other Corfu Pages
Around Corfu | Corfu Beaches | Culinary Corfu | Corfu Culture | Corfu Golf | Corfu History | Curfu Holidays | Corfu Mythology | Corfu Transportation | Corfu Town | Useful Corfu | Photos of Corfu I | Photos of Corfu II | III